With just a week to go, the OpenClinica Global Conference is shaping up to be an excellent event for learning about OpenClinica and networking with members of the OpenClinica community.
This is the first ever Global Conference and we are thrilled to have as a keynote speaker Mark Adams, Project Manager for the National Cancer Institute’s Cancer Biomedical Informatics Grid (caBIG). As a fellow pioneer working to bring open source to clinical research domain, caBIG has developed a set of interoperable, open source clinical informatics tools which address functions such as adverse event reporting, patient registries, study calendaring, clinical trial management, imaging, and tissue banking. The caBIG project and OpenClinica together illustrate the broad impact open source is having on clinical trials.
The conference program extends along three tracks with case studies, panel discussions, tutorials, and presentations from clinical trial sponsors, CROs, academic groups, and IT services companies. Content is oriented towards both technical and non-technical audiences. Selected topics include:
- An unveiling of the new OpenClinica CRF Library, a curated repository of standards-based eCRFs for OpenClinica
- Case studies from sponsors and CROs showing how they have used OpenClinica
- Presentations of tools and extensions developed around OpenClinica
- Tutorial for installing OpenClinica
- Tools, tips, and techniques for using OpenClinica data in SAS
- Live demonstration of automated data interchange with OpenClinica
- Automating the data import process
- Validating OpenClinica for 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
- Generating ad hoc reports
- Modularization of the OpenClinica source code and introduction to the OpenClinica Developer Network
A full suite of training classes for data managers, biostatisticans, project managers, system administrators, and developers are also being offered immediately preceding and following the conference.
There is still time to register for this event. See www.openclinicaconference.org for more program information and registration details.
We look forward to seeing you next week!