Last week I wrote about a few new features that will be part of the forthcoming OpenClinica 3.1 release and promised some information about when we expect to make different phases of the application available. Here is the release timetable we are currently targeting:
- Alpha Release – June 21st, 2010
- Beta I – July 9th, 2010
- Beta II – August 2nd, 2010 (OpenClinica 3.1 Pilot Program)
- Beta III – September 1st, 2010
- Production Release – End of September/Beginning of October
The first Alpha release will contain, among other items, the following features mentioned in my previous blog post:
- Dynamics (Show/Hide/Insert Actions)
- Relative paths for OIDs
- Multiple site level users accessing a CRF before it is marked complete
- Audit Log and Discrepancy Note Data with ODM Export
- Discrepancy Note Flag Colors
We will try to also provide some concrete instructions on how to use each of these features before the Alpha is released. Updates to these instructions and additional documentation will be generated after the Alpha has been made available for downloading.
3.1 Pilot Program
As in prior releases, we will be conducting a Pilot Program with selected interested organizations. If you are interested in participating in the OpenClinica 3.1 Pilot Program (or just want more information about it), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Pilot Program is designed to give organizations an opportunity to test out new features of OpenClinica and provide valuable feedback on how the features are working. It was very successful prior to releasing 3.0 where 10 participating organizations received help and support from Akaza while experiencing and learning the new product features firsthand.
– Paul Galvin