We are in the final development stretch of the OpenClinica 3.1 project. Over the course of alphas and betas some items have been inevitably been added, removed, and changed, so I thought it would be useful to provide an up-to-date list of features and bugs that are being addressed in this release.
Those of you attending the OpenClinica Global Conference May 8-9 here in Boston will get to experience numerous demonstrations of 3.1 functionality, and of course get to interact directly with members of our rockstar development team :)
First, here’s a quick review of some of the more popular new features:
- Dynamic items in a CRF
- Supports showing and hiding of items based on values provided in a separate field
- Supports insertion of data across fields and CRFs based on values provided in a separate field.
- Re-factoring of the Extract Data module to support custom data transformations allowing you to extract data in essentially any conceivable format.
- Improved capabilities for sharing data entry duties among a given site’s users
- Discrepancy Note “Days Open” filter to better monitor discrepancy aging
- Discrepancy Note “Days Since Updated” filter to ensure productive discrepancy resolution
- Audit log and discrepancy note data included in ODM exports
- Improved CRF page turn time (in many cases over 10x faster)
- CRF Header updates to provide a cleaner data entry experience
- Ability to assign Failed Validation Checks (in addition to Queries)
- Relative Paths for Item OIDs in Rules to enable portability and reusability of Rules
- Discrepancy Note flag colors now appear in the CRF
- Additional study parameter configuration options to opt out of using certain fields such as Interviewer Name, Interview Date, and Location
- OpenClinica Datamart for ad-hoc reporting (Enterprise only)
- GUI Based, drag-and-drop Rule Designer (Enterprise only)
More detailed descriptions of the above features can be found in the previous blog posts “OpenClinica 3.1 (project “Amethyst”) Preview” and “New Capabilities Added to OpenClinica Version 3.1.”
For those sufficiently ambitious, yes, you can see a complete list of ALL the 457 separate enhancements and bug fixes in 3.1 as of April 6, on the OpenClinica Amethyst Project Roadmap.
And finally, here’s the current release timeline:
- Beta 4 released week of April 11th
- Release Candidate 1 released week of April 18th
- Production Release of OpenClinica 3.1 early May.
Many thanks to the dedicated team of folks who, for the past 19 months, have worked tirelessly to make this the most significant OpenClinica release ever.